Colorado Community Media welcomes letters to the editor, including those endorsing candidates for elected office.
Please keep in mind the following rules:
- Due to a high volume of letters on this topic, we are implementing a limit of 150 words or fewer for letters regarding the Douglas County School Board race. This goes into effect with letters received after 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 13. If you have already weighed in on this topic, thank you, but we will not run another letter from you on it.
- All other letters must be limited to 250 words or fewer. We have reduced that cap from the previous 300-word limit in an effort to make room for more viewpoints in our publications. This goes into effect with letters received after 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 13.
- Letters taking a stance on a candidate or issue in the Nov. 7 election must be received by 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 20. We will not publish letters related to the Nov. 7 election after the Oct. 26 and 27 editions - doing so would not allow adequate time for rebuttal.
- Keep it polite: Do not resort to name calling or "mud slinging."
- Include a source - and a link to that source - for any information that is not common knowledge. We will not publish information that cannot easily be verified.
- Submit your letter by 5 p.m. on Friday in order for it to appear in the following week's newspaper.
- Only submit ideas and opinions that are your own - and in your own words. Colorado Community Media will not publish any letter that is clearly part of a letter-writing campaign.
- Include your full name, address and phone number. We will only publish your name and city or town of residence, but all of the information requested is needed for us to verify you are who you say you are.
- Email your letter to email@example.com
Thank you, and we look forward to your letters.