• The boys and girls track teams hosted the Highlands Ranch Memorial track meet at Echo Park Automotive Stadium on May 5. The girls were the first-place team and the boys …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2017-2018, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• The boys and girls track teams hosted the Highlands Ranch Memorial track meet at Echo Park Automotive Stadium on May 5. The girls were the first-place team and the boys finished third. Falcon athletes won a combined 11 individual events. Elana Opp, Shantine DeMasse and Peri Hennigar were double winners for the girls. Opp won the high jump (5-1) and discus (118-2) while DeMasse took the long jump (17-04) and triple jump (36-00.50). Hennigar won the 100 hurdles (16.46) and the 300 hurdles (47.95). Drake Nugent was a double winner for the boys, capturing the discus (147-02) and shot put (53-02.25).• The baseball team used the bunt to its advantage with 14 sacrifice bunts this season.• Pairings for the Class 5A boys lacrosse state playoffs were announced May 7 and the Falcons were seeded 11th and played No. 6 Arapahoe in a game that must be completed by May 10. Quarterfinal games are scheduled for May 12.
• The boys lacrosse team ended a four-game losing streak to Arapahoe with a 10-9 victory on May 4. The Warriors lead the series, 9-5, but the past five games have been close with seven goals being the winning margin. Three games have been decided by one goal and a pair by a two goals. The Golden Eagles were seeded third for the state playoffs and played Dakota Ridge in a first-round game that must be completed by May 10.• The defending 5A state champion girls soccer team drew a No. 5 seed for the state soccer playoffs which started May 8. The Golden Eagles have compiled a 24-4 record in playoff games since 2008.• The baseball team concluded the regular season with a 15-0 record and junior Drew Stahl was the Continental League’s leading hitter with a .491 batting average. He was first in on base percentage at .573, second with a .947 slugging percentage and 26 runs batted in.
• At the 3A Metro League track championships, Chris Wilhoite won the 800-meter run in 1:59.03 and the top four finishers were SVA athletes. Tyler Scholl was second, Jordan Wilson third and Jimmy Scavuzzo fourth.• The girls soccer team was seeded 15th for the Class 3A soccer state playoffs.
• Teagan Zwaanstra won the long jump at the Cherry Creek Invitational track meet with a jump of 18-08.50.• The girls soccer team was seeded 10th in the Class 5A soccer playoffs and hopes to improve its 6-5 record in playoff action over the past 10 seasons.• The girls lacrosse team, seeded 12th, will play at No. 5 Chaparral in a second round state playoff game which must be completed by May 12.
• The girls soccer team was awarded a third seed for the Class 5A state playoffs which began May 8 with the second-round games scheduled for May 11.• Two individuals won boys events at the Cherry Creek Invitational track meet. Devin Cadena was first in the 100 meters in 10.92 and Blake Williams won the high jump at 6-2.• The boys lacrosse team prepped for the state playoffs with a 13-6 win over Mullen on May 2 as Jeffrey Thompson scored three goals and had five points. The Jaguars were seeded seventh in the 5A state lacrosse bracket and faced No. 10 Colorado Academy in a first round contest that had to be completed by May 10.
• Cole Sprout drew most of the attention at the Jeffco 4A track championships with his Colorado all-classification record of 9:01.53 in the 3,200 meters. The Eagles won both the boys and girls team titles. Sprout also won the 800-meter run in 1:56.61 and the 1,600 in 4:17.31. Dane Palazzo was first in the 110 hurdles (15.13) and 300 hurdles (39.69). In the girls 4A competition, Sadie McMullen won the 100 meters (12.59), Camille Peisner the 200 meters (25.36) and 400 meters (57.71), Anna Hall the 100 hurdles (14.38), high jump (5-8) and long jump (19-00.75), Hailey Ricethe triple jump (35-05.50), Avery Vieregger the pole vault (10-9) and Joy Gerow the discus (127-8).• The baseball team, the defending 4A state champions, ended the regular season with a 13-game winning streak and finished with a 3-1 victory over Heritage, which was ranked third in the 5A CHSAANow.com poll.• The girls soccer team was second seeded in the 4A state playoff bracket with first round games set for May 9. The girls lacrosse team was the 15th seed in the state playoff bracket and faced Palmer Ridge in a first round match. In the 4A boys lacrosse pairings, the Eagles were seeded eighth and faced a first-round game against No. 9 Green Mountain. First-round games had to completed by May 9 and quarterfinal boys games were set for May 11.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.