Highlands Ranch • The boys basketball team outscored Westminster 19-0 in the third period and rolled to a 70-30 victory on Dec. 5. The team held on for a 49-45 win over Boulder the next day. • …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• The boys basketball team outscored Westminster 19-0 in the third period and rolled to a 70-30 victory on Dec. 5. The team held on for a 49-45 win over Boulder the next day.
• The girls basketball team went 4-0 in the LaJolla (California) tournament. After the first four games, senior Jamie Bain leads the team in scoring with a 16.3 average, followed by Kasey Neuber at 14.8 and Autumn Wells at 12.5.
• Highlands Ranch’s Keeley LaRivere, Danielle Roney, Carmen Nolisch and Mallory Thompson won individual events, but Legend earned a 345-218 girls swim win on Dec. 6.
• The Golden Eagles won the jazz category on Dec. 8 at the State Spirit Championships at the Denver Coliseum with a 94.80 score. It was Vista’s third jazz title. The Golden Eagles’ co-ed team was second.
• Annie Osmun won the 50 freestyle and 100 backstroke as the girls swim team notched a 153-133 dual meet win over Rock Canyon on Dec. 4.
• The boys basketball team notched its fourth win of the season with a 76-53 triumph over Dakota Ridge on Dec. 4. Seniors Simon May and Ben Brusing each scored 14 points in the win.
• Sophomore Sara Vafaie tallied 13 points while Berit Brockfield and Amy Holland each contributed 10 points to the girls basketball team’s 47-39 win over Doherty on Dec. 8.
• The boys basketball team toppled Dakota Ridge, 61-54, on Dec. 6. Junior Jalen Ashley tallied 15 points for the team, which hit 56 percent of its field goal attempts. The team hit on 28 percent on Dec. 8 but rallied in the fourth quarter for a 37-36 over Grandview. Only five players scored for the Jaguars, but Jaylen Eikenberg finished with a game-high 22 points.
• The girls basketball team won two of three games in California. The team concluded the trip with a 46-23 win over Fairfield, California, on Dec. 7 and a 41-39 victory over Weston Ranch (Stockton, California) on Dec. 8.
• The poms team finished second in the 3A competition on Dec. 8 at the State Spirt Championships with a 79.95 score.
• The boys basketball team won its third straight game with a 64-46 triumph over Eagle Ridge Academy on Dec. 6.
• Natalia Miles-Forrest pumped in 19 points as the girls basketball team downed Eagle Ridge Academy, 53-33, on Dec. 6. Sydney Wyatt added 14 points to the victory.
• The Class 5A co-ed championship at the Dec. 8 State Spirit Championships was won by three-time champion ThunderRidge with an 84.23 score to edge runner-up Mountain Vista. The Grizzlies’ poms team was third in the 5A category.
• The boys basketball team defeated Valor Christian, 58-44, on Dec. 8 and Austin Holt led the team with 16 points. The Grizzlies scored just four points in the third quarter in a 58-44 loss to Chaparral on Dec. 8. Holt had 12 points in the loss.
• It took the girls basketball team 10 game before collecting its third win last season. The team won its third game in its fourth contest this season. Junior Heidi Haze leads the team with a 17.0 scoring average, while junior Lindsay Anhalt is the team’s top rebounder with a 6.3 average.
• Gretchen Wensuc won the diving competition at the Douglas County Duals meet on Dec. 5 with a point score of 453.00.
• Goaltender Jack Kuzla made 23 saves in the hockey team’s 2-0 victory over Monarch on Dec. 7. Logan Buchanan and Colton Carlson scored the goals. Patrick Routzon came through with the game winning goal in the third period in a 2-1 win over Chaparral on Dec. 8.
• Sophomore Kindyll Wetta scored 23 points, handed out six assists and had seven steals in a 68-39 win over Arapahoe for the girls basketball team on Dec. 8. Raegan Beers had 10 rebounds.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.