Highlands Ranch • The girls basketball team, ranked third in the CHSAANow.com Dec. 10 Class 5A poll, improved to 6-0 with wins over Arapahoe and Pine Creek. Kasey Neubert scored 15 points in a …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• The girls basketball team, ranked third in the CHSAANow.com Dec. 10 Class 5A poll, improved to 6-0 with wins over Arapahoe and Pine Creek. Kasey Neubert scored 15 points in a 61-39 victory over Arapahoe on Dec. 11. Six players scored in double figures, led by Kacy Horton's 15 points, in an 80-32 rout over Pine Creek on Dec. 15.
• The boys basketball team lost two of three games in the Power To Play Showcase tournament in Windsor. Cheyenne East downed the Falcons 85-61 in the Dec. 13 opener. On Dec. 14, the team downed Golden,66-61, but lost to Horizon, 62-55, on Dec. 15 in the consolation finale.
• Junior Amy Holland had a double-double with 24 points and 11 rebounds as the girls basketball team posted its sixth straight win with a 69-59 victory over Cherokee Trail on Dec. 11. The win streak was snapped Dec. 14 when the Golden Eagles were outscored by 15 points in the second and third quarters in a 53-36 loss to Broomfield.
• Jacob Strawn scored the game-winning goal on a third-period power play in the hockey team's 3-2 win over Columbine on Dec. 13. Caleb Kivett had a goal and assist in an 8-2 loss to Cherry Creek on Dec. 14 in a game in which the Golden Eagles were outshot, 43-18.
• Grant Figueroa tallied 23 points, missed only one shot and pulled down 10 rebounds for a double-double in a 64-40 boys basketball win over Monarch on Dec. 14.
• Senior Mara Powner scored 13 points and had six rebounds and three assists in the girls basketball 41-39 win over Weston Ranch (Stockton, California) on Dec. 15.
• The boys basketball team toppled Aurora West College Prep Academy, 62-46, on Dec. 10 before a 63-42 loss to Middle Park on Dec. 15. In four-game statistics that have been recorded, senior Jp Chambers is the team's top scorer with a 11.3 scoring average.
• The girls basketball team won for the fifth time in six outings with a 46-25 victory over Middle Park on Dec. 15.
• The basketball team built up a 16-point lead after three quarters and went on to down Boulder, 60-52, on Dec. 14. Austin Holt scored 14 points and Nolan Marold had 13 points for the No. 2-ranked Grizzlies in the victory.
• Diver Gretchen Wensuc racked up 480.65 state-qualifying points and was third in the competition at the Rex Abelein Memorial Invitational swim meet on Dec. 15 at the Veterans Memorial Aquatic Center.
• In a rematch of last season's state championship hockey game, defending champion Regis Jesuit posted a 4-1 victory over the Eagles on Dec. 15. Colton Carlson scored the goal for Valor.
• Lindsay Stenstrom won the 100 freestyle finals at the Rex Abelein Memorial Invitational swim meet on Dec. 15 with a time of 51.01. She was second in the 50 freestyle and also was part of the winning 400 freestyle relay team, which turned in a 3:12.12 clocking. Other members of the relay team were Ashley Stenstrom, AJ Adams and Makayla Hoehn. The Eagles were fourth in the team standings at the meet held at the Veterans Memorial Aquatic Center.
• Kindyll Wetta scored 25 points and had 13 steals in the No. 7 ranked girls basketball team's 72-37 win over Douglas County on Dec. 14. The 5-9 sophomore leads the 5A Jeffco League with a 19.8 scoring average and 6.8 steals a game.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.