Highlands Ranch • The boys basketball team downed Chatfield 70-61 on Jan. 5 to improve its overall record to 9-3 heading into its Continental League opener Jan. 11 against Mountain Vista. In the …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• The boys basketball team downed Chatfield 70-61 on Jan. 5 to improve its overall record to 9-3 heading into its Continental League opener Jan. 11 against Mountain Vista. In the past 14 games, Ranch has won 11 times, including the past two contests.
• The girls basketball team warmed up for its first Continental League game with a 57-45 win over Horizon on Jan. 5. The Falcons play Mountain Vista on Jan. 11 and Highlands Ranch is 12-0 in the past games played against the Golden Eagles. In those 12 games, the average margin of victory has been 31.25 points, with the closest margin an 8-point win in 2015.
• Patrick May and Zachary Anderson had power-play goals in the hockey team’s 4-2 setback to Fort Collins on Jan. 4. Josh Cox and Jacob Strawm scored for the Golden Eagles in a 5-2 loss to Monarch on Jan. 5.
• Brent Langer won the 113-pound title in the Freshman-Sophomore Heritage Invitational wrestling tournament on Jan. 5.
• Junior Rhys Pulling scored 17 points in a 64-45 boys basketball win over Greeley West on Jan. 5. He also played well defensively as he held the Spartans’ top scorer, Andre Sepeda, to 12 points.
• Softball coach Mike Desimone will be the director of National Softball Academy camp to be held on March 2, 9,16 and 23 at Rock Canyon. Instructors will include a staff of area coaches and registration is still available by calling 1-800-448-1325. Core hitting, pitching, catching, fielding and base-running fundamentals will emphasized in 90-minute sessions for players in grades 1-12.
• Mike Pinkerton won the 170-pound title at the Rebel Wrestling Invite tournament on Jan. 5.
• The boys basketball team used a 20-point third period to help secure a 69-57 win over Pomona on Jan. 5.
• The girls basketball team won its second straight game after the holiday break with a 51-30 win over Hinkley on Jan. 5. The team beat Pomona 49-17 on Jan. 3
• The boys basketball team broke open a tie game by outscoring George Washington 18-6 in the fourth period and posted a 49-37 win on Jan. 5.
• The wrestling team had three individuals win titles in the Freshman-Sophomore Heritage Invitational wrestling tournament on Jan. 5. Traeton Chanee was first at 120 pounds, Tyson Lambert at 195 pounds and Tyler Doyle captured the 220-pound crown.
• Josh Hoffman has been named the boys lacrosse coach. He replaces John Grant Jr., who took a position as an assistant lacrosse coach at the Air Force Academy. Hoffman, a player at the University of Maryland Baltimore County and Messiah College, was recently an assistant lacrosse coach and teacher at Saint Francis High School in San Jose, California.
• Cole Cavey scored twice while Mason Hoehn and Jameson Charles each collected two assists in the hockey team’s 6-0 victory over Dakota Ridge on Jan. 4. Goalie Jack Kuzla made 18 saves.
• Timmy Hammond won the 126-pound title on Jan. 5 at the Rebel Wrestling Invite.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.