Southwest Villages plan one step closer

Preliminary plan ordinance gets OK on council's first reading

Nick Puckett
npuckett@coloradocommunitymedia.com
Posted 12/22/20

The Lone Tree City Council is reviewing a preliminary plan for a subdivision capable of housing more than 5,000 new residents. Council approved a first reading for an ordinance approving the …

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue

Username
Password
Log in

Don't have an ID?


Print subscribers

If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.

Non-subscribers

Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.

If you made a voluntary contribution in 2019-2020, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access includes access to all websites and online content.


Our print publications are advertiser supported. For those wishing to access our content online, we have implemented a small charge so we may continue to provide our valued readers and community with unique, high quality local content. Thank you for supporting your local newspaper.

Southwest Villages plan one step closer

Preliminary plan ordinance gets OK on council's first reading

Posted

The Lone Tree City Council is reviewing a preliminary plan for a subdivision capable of housing more than 5,000 new residents.

Council approved a first reading for an ordinance approving the Southwest Villages Preliminary Plan on Dec. 15. The plan could be approved at the next city council meeting, scheduled for Jan. 5.

The Southwest Villages will span 700 acres in RidgeGate East, east of I-25 and south of RidgeGate Parkway. Shea Homes, the master developer for the project, has planned 1,222 single-family detached homes and 959 single-family attached homes. Shea Homes will build 60% of the homes and contract out the remaining 40% to other homebuilders.

Shea Homes' “smaller products” will start in the $400,000s, according to representative Ryan McDermed during a Nov. 18 planning commission meeting.

The plan approved by city council Dec. 15 includes 101 single-family detached cluster lots, seven single-family attached tracts, one commercial tract, three neighborhood parks, a private precreation and amenity center, a future elementary school site, a regional park site, an open space and trails system and associated infrastructure improvements.

Once complete, the subdivision is estimated to have a population of more than 5,300 — a little more than one-third of Lone Tree's current population of about 15,000. There are about 6,000 households in Lone Tree today. The city expects that number to reach 23,000 by 2040.

More than 400 acres of open space, 116 acres for school sites and 65 acres for a city-planned park are included in the developer's land dedications.

Construction is planned to take place in five phases. The first phase is scheduled to begin in 2021, according to a city staff report.

The Southwest Villages will be the first subdivision in RidgeGate East, the massive, master-planned community east of I-25 and south of Lincoln Avenue.

Comments

Our Papers

Ad blocker detected

We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.

The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.